The New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement told The Associated Press Thursday that the closure will take beginning on Feb. 16.
It will only affect the casino floor, not the associated hotel, the agency said.
Leland Moore, a spokesman for the New Jersey Attorney General’s Office, which includes the gaming enforcement division, said the division approved Bally’s request for a 30-hour shutdown “to perform data system upgrades. Based on information received from Bally’s, (it) will accommodate a complete IT overhaul to modernize all electronic gaming devices and systems.”
Bally‘s declined to comment last week on speculation that it might close temporarily, and the company did not immediately respond to a request for comment Thursday.
The New Jersey Casino Control Commission in November approved the new owners to operate Bally‘s after the company pledged to invest in renovations and repairs to what has become Atlantic City‘s poorest-performing casino in terms of revenue.
The company has said it intends to spend at least $90 million to renovate hotel rooms, upgrade restaurants, entertainment offerings and its pool and spa, and replace or repair critical infrastructure in the 41-year-old facility.
Follow Wayne Parry at http://twitter.com/WayneParryAC
Copyright © 2021 The Washington Times, LLC.
View original post